Dr. Dinesh Kumar Jagpal
Follow these simple protocol to make for a happy sex life and therefore a happy life.
1) Believe you are sexy – Stop undermining yourself. You are sexy, accept it. And believe that your partner gets turned on by you. When you believe that your partner finds you sexy, you will be more interested in sex and so will your partner be.
2) Believe in the little gestures – Sex is not always awesome while you are in the act. The build up through the day can be made with the simplest of actions. A meaningful touch on the breakfast table, a mid-day text saying you miss him and an intimate evening message, or simply holding hands while shopping for grocery, all add up to build the connection between both of you.
3) Focus on the positive – Tell your partner what he does that you like. The kiss on the nape or how their breathe on your skin makes your senses tingle ? tell that. When your partner knows what you like, your bedroom experiments can take interesting turns. Always help your partner focus gently to what gives you pleasure.
4) Make time for sex – When new in a relationship, couples tend to have more sex and the frequency diminishes once they are comfortable in the situation. Avoid this; sex should be in your priority list at all times. Sex indeed should be a natural event. However, our lifestyles don’t permit it. Also, there are too many distractions. If you need to schedule sex, it’s okay. The idea is to indulge in it. You both have your needs and they should be fulfilled, right?
5) Fantasize – One great way to keep the passion alive is to share your fantasies. Doesn’t matter how dirty it is, don’t worry about what your partner will think. Far from judging, you yourself might realize something new about your partner. Chances are, that you might love the fantasies you both talk about.
6) Take it easy – In real life, it is okay to not be perfect, to stop to catch breath and be real. To be happy with your sex life doesn’t mean having spectacular sex every time. More than how you perform, it is how the experience was for both of you. Enjoy the process, it is for real.
7) Be responsive – Respond, even if you are not in the mood. Don’t shun your partner because you are not in the mood. But if one of you wants to have sex, pushing them away is not a good idea. And if you still don’t want to go ahead, explain that it’s not them, but the time and plan to connect some time in near future.
8) Be willing to have sex – If you would rather watch tv all day rather than have sex and then do it nevertheless just because your partner initiated it, they would know. Never make your partner feel that you are having sex out of obligation. This is a mood killer and a guarantee for low satisfaction derived. Make sex an enjoyable affair, think what all you like and show them to your partner.