5 powerful antibiotics from your kitchen that are protecting you!
Our body goes through a lot of wear and tear every day, internally as well as on the outside. It is important that we chose our diet wisely because what we eat is largely responsible for keeping our bodies healthy. Antibiotics are important for our body. Indian kitchen is such that almost every item used in cooking has some healing power.
5 powerful natural antibiotics are –
1) garlic – garlic is a super food which has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal and antioxidant characteristics. Garlic has been used since millions of years to treat internal as well as external diseases of all kinds. Garlic has many minerals, vitamins and nutrients that are good for the body’s overall wellness.
2) cabbage – cabbage is a member of the cruciferous family like kale and broccoli which has sulfur components in it. This component is known to help fight cancer. Cabbage also has vitamin c which many people are unaware about. It also has antibacterial properties. Including cabbage in your salad, in the form of slaw or drinking cabbage juice helps manage weight, prevent illnesses and improve digestion.
3) fermented foods – fermented foods or probiotics help in boosting and preserving the good bacteria in the body. This is important in overall wellness and prevention of cancer. Fermented foods have micro-organisms which are processed by our body, faster that other supplements. They also have antioxidants.
4) ginger – ginger is used a lot in indian kitchens and not without a good reason. Ginger contains essential fatty acids, zinc, phosphorous, manganese and iron amongst others. It has healing properties and helps digestion, blood sugar and body’s immunity.
5) honey – honey is being used as an antibiotic since centuries, much before antibiotic medicines were developed. It contains enzymes which stops growth of certain bacteria. It builds immunity and soothes aches esp. Sore throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on’consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.