Dt. Vinita Jaiswal
It has been proved time and again that we get all our nutrition needs from fruits and vegetables. A unique fruit, pineapple has copper, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, B1 and even folate. It happens to be the prime source of sodium, manganese, vitamin C and potassium.
Heres what it does for your body.
3) There is manganese in pineapples which help strengthen the bones and the connective tissues.
4) Being rich in enzymes and acids, pineapples help in digestion, all the while killing parasites and getting rid of intestinal worms.
5) If someone is suffering from motion sickness or morning sickness, pineapple is advised in solid or juice form.
6) Fresh pineapple juice is known to be beneficial for sore throat and cough, giving relief to congestion and body pains that occur when one has cold.
7) Pineapples help strengthen our gums.
8) The bromelain in pineapples stops the growth of tumour and the anti-oxidants help fight free radicals preventing tumours and cell damages.
9) Being rich in manganese, potassium, fiber, anti-oxidants and sodium, pineapples give a boost to cardiovascular health by keeping cholesterol low and free radicals away.
10) Vitamin C in pineapples plays a vital role in boosting and strengthening the immune system.
11) The sodium, potassium and magnesium in pineapple help improve blood circulation and in turn regulate blood pressure.