As someone who has had really long hair since ages I can confidently say a few things.
1. Oil your hair regularly,its like food for hair.Massaging your scalp for 10-15 minutes atleast every week while applying oil.
2. Don’t wash hair too frequently.It has damaging effects.
3. Stick to a particular oil of your liking say you prefer coconut over olive or almond oil. Don’t mix them.Each has a characteristic property which will reflect in your hair over a period of time.For example sesame oil strengthens hair and helps in increasing the volume while coconut oil makes hair silky smooth.
4. Hand comb your hair first.It minimizes hair loss.
5. Try to use as many natural products you can to cleanse your hair. As a south Indian, I have been using the traditional powder which constitutes of shikakai, hibiscus, ritha ,gooseberry powder and other natural ingredients. Believe me it works wonders !
6. Refrain from going for any kind of chemical treatment. Remember you are only damaging your hair.
88 views • Written 24 Apr
Aditi Singh, Healthcare Co-ordinator
Maintaining your hair is relatively easy with the right kind of steps.Here are the best hair health care tips for longer, stronger hair.
1) Choose the right shampoo: Make yourself fully sure and aware of your hair type before buying your shampoo product.
a) Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type.
i) Curly or coarse hair probably wants frizz-minimizing and softening shampoo.
ii) Straight or oily hair probably wants a gentle shampoo designed for daily washing.
iii) Colored or treated hair probably needs a shampoo that’s fortified with extracts or amino acids, because treating your hair is essentially damaging it.
iv) Dry hair probably needs shampoos with glycerin and collagen to help restore some moisture into the hair.
b) Use conditioner that matches your hair type, length, and treatment damage.
i) Deep condition once a week ot get soft, healthy and moisturized hair.
c) Condition your hair properly based on hair type:
i) For fine hair try a botanical oil treatment before you shampoo.Wash shampoo away and apply conditioner from the mid-shaft down to the end. Leave in for a minute before washing.
ii) For medium to thick hair, use a moisturizer with natural hydrators. Keep your conditioner light. Apply conditioner all over your head and let stay for 2-3 minutes.
d) Be careful about using hair care products with too much protein.
i) Frizz-control serum can be used in small quantities to tame frizzes. wash once a week with a deep-cleanse shampoo to avoid build-up, which will leave hair looking dull and flaky.
e) Rinse your hair with vinegar before shampooing, twice a year.
f) Moisturize your hair. Use five oils: almond, castor, olive, coconut and lavender oils.
2) Drying your hair.
a) Let hair dry naturally.
i) Try not to use a blow-dryer.
ii) If you shower before you sleep overnight, put your hair up in a bun and let it air-dry overnight.
3) Brushing your hair.
a) Don’t brush your hair too much.
b) After you shower, try using a wide toothed comb.
4) Styling and dyeing your hair.
a) Trim your hair regularly.
b) Style your hair naturally, minimizing styling damage.
c) Treat or dye your hair sparingly, if at all.
5) Maintaining your general health.
a) Eat healthily.
i) Make sure you get plenty of vitamin C.
ii) Give your hair some time to show new brilliance.
b) Remove stress from your life.
i) Remove stress from your life as it causes hair loss.
ii) Yoga, biking, meditation, or other forms of exercise all work well to get rid of stress.
Posted from WordPress for Android