Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS) · Ayurveda ·
Health benefits : Red Chilli Vs Green Chilli
Chilies have always been known as ingredients that add spice to Indian food. Without chilies, any Indian food cuisine is incomplete. Both have distinct tastes and also have different health benefits. Heres a comparison between the two.
RED CHILLI: Red chilies are dried and then used in food a preparation. It is spicier or hotter than green chilies.
1. Source Of Iron Absorption – Red chilies contain a good proportion of iron which is very good for blood health. They also have a lot of Vitamin C that helps the body in absorbing iron
2. Burns Calories – They produce heat in the body that directly burns down calories, just like heat generated due to exercise
3. Relieves From Congestion – In India red chilies are provided to a person for consumption when he is suffering from cold. It relieves congestion and helps is better respiration
4. Reduces Blockage in Arteries – They are very powerful antioxidants that clear any blockages in the arteries or blood vessels.
GREEN CHILLI: Green chilies are more subtle in taste and are used as fresh spices in various food preparations.
1. Manges Blood Sugar Levels – Green chilies tackle high blood sugar levels and control it if consumed regularly
2. Promotes Digestion – Owing to the various fibers found in them, they help in better digestion
3. Good For Skin – Green chilies being rich in Vitamin E is a very good spice for a clean and healthy skin
4. Very Good For Heart – Due to a considerable proportion of beta-carotene in green chilies the cardiovascular systems stays strong and the heart too stays healthy
Both chilies have great benefits and consuming both in permitted quantities is only good for health.