Somebody has rightly said, “Hinduism is not a religion, it is a way of life.” Here Nature is of paramount importance and the Gods of Hinduism are basically different forms of Nature. It is amazing how various practice of Hinduism has an underlying scientific benefit. Let’s look at 22 Hindu rituals to see how scientific this ancient religion has been.
1. People are advised to worship Neem and Banyan tree in the morning. Inhaling the air near these trees, is good for health.
2. If you are trying to look ways for stress management, there can’t be anything other than Hindu Yoga aasan Pranayama (inhaling and exhaling air slowly using one of the nostrils).
3. Hindu temples are built scientifically. The place where an idol is placed in the temple is called ‘Moolasthanam’. This ‘Moolasthanam’ is where earth’s magnetic waves are found to be maximum, thus benefitting the worshipper.
4. Every Hindu household has a Tulsi plant. Tulsi or Basil leaves when consumed, keeps our immune system strong to help prevent the H1N1 disease.
5. The rhythm of Vedic mantras, an ancient Hindu practice, when pronounced and heard are believed to cure so many disorders of the body like blood pressure.
6. Hindus keep the holy ash in their forehead after taking a bath, this removes excess water from your head.
7. Women keep kumkum bindi on their forehead that protects from being hypnotised.
8. Eating with hands might be looked down upon in the west but it connects the body, mind and soul, when it comes to food.
9. Hindu customs requires one to eat on a leaf plate. This is the most eco-friendly way as it does not require any chemical soap to clean it and it can be discarded without harming the environment.
10. Piercing of baby’s ears is actually part of acupuncture treatment. The point where the ear is pierced helps in curing Asthma.
11. Sprinkling turmeric mixed water around the house before prayers and after. Its known that turmeric has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.