7 Warning Signs of Cancer Every One Must be Alert About, Always!
Dr. Sumant Gupta – Sarvodaya Hospital
MBBS, MD – Medicine, DM – Oncology
Oncologist • 11 Year experience
7 warning signs of cancer
Cancer is one of the leading causes of premature death in the world. Cancer usually attacks the human body without any warning. However, most cancers start showing early signs. Keeping this in mind, one should learn how to recognize the early signs of cancer in order to get a timely treatment.
Here are 7 warning signs of cancer that one should be familiar with:
1. Unusual blood discharge from the body- unusual bleeding from any opening in the body is not a healthy sign. The presence of blood in the stool or blood in phlegm while coughing are some of the early signs of cancer. Bloody discharge from the vagina or from the nipples is also worrisome. Consult a doctor immediately if this happens.
2. Change in bowel and bladder movement – people experiencing a sudden change in bowel movement and bladder discharge are advised to visit a doctor immediately. Blood in stool, chronic diarrhea, and change in color of the stool can point to colon cancer. Blood in the urine can be an early warning sign of bladder cancer.
3. Sudden weight loss and onset of fever – experiencing a sudden weight loss, say of 5 kgs, in a matter of days is considered to be one of the earliest signs of cancer. A sudden onset of fever is also considered a sign.
4. Frequent indigestion and pain while swallowing – most indigestion is credited to an upset stomach while pain during swallowing is considered to be a sign of a sore throat. However, these warning signs could point to the onset of cancer as well.
5. Lump in breast or any other part of the body – forming of a lump in breasts or any other part of the body like the armpits, testicles or soft tissue can be a precursor to cancer. People are advised to visit a doctor if they discover any lumps on their body.
6. Persistent cough and sudden change in voice – a cough that is refusing to go away maybe a sign of lung cancer. A sudden change in voice maybe an early warning sign of cancer of the larynx (throat).
7. Sudden change in a wart or a mole – if you observe a sudden change in the size, color or texture of a mole or wart on your body, it is advisable that you get it checked as it could be a sign of cancer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Posted from WordPress for Android